Coronavirus information for learners
As of 1 August 2021 we will be following this guidance for education settings:
Classroom delivery and Covid-19 prevention
- Social distancing will no longer be necessary in Centres/classrooms, this means the 2 metre restriction and class sizes limitation will be removed
- Face coverings are not required but remain optional, especially in busy or crowded indoor areas – how to wear a face mask
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is not expected to be beyond what is normally needed for individual sessions
- Protective hygiene measures will remain in place for all of our centres, these are:
- increased cleaning regimes; daily cleaning routines and the use of anti-bacterial wipes to clean personal workspaces/equipment
- frequent and thorough hand cleaning and/ or use of hand sanitiser
- continued ventilation of classrooms via keeping windows open when the room is in use and purging the air in-between sessions
- a ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach to restricting infection
- Encouragement to continue regular lateral flow testing (even when vaccinated)
- Drinks machines in centres will be available once more but where possible, please try to make use of outside spaces rather than collating in groups within the communal areas.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
If you develop any signs or symptoms of CV-19 please keep yourself and others safe and stay at home. If you display any CV-19 symptoms the same rules will remain in place; you must not come to class, but should self-isolate (along with anyone you directly live with), seek and take a PCR test as soon as possible – you must then follow current NHS self-isolation guidance. but should self-isolate, seek and take a PCR test as soon as possible, then if positive follow current NHS self-isolation guidance and provide them with your close contacts.
If you has been identified as a ‘close contact’ (i.e. within 1 metre for 1 minute/ within 2 metres for 15 minutes of someone who has a positive PCR result), you need to seek and take a PCR test, then either:
a. If you are fully vaccinated (or aged under 18) and your PCR test is negative, you now do not need to self-isolate.
b. If you are not fully vaccinated and over 18 years old and your PCR test is negative, you must self-isolate for 10 days from contact.
Lateral Flow Testing is available for all staff (office and tutors) and learners to reduce transmission and increase safety for all. Tests are available for collection for you to do at home. This video explains how lateral flow tests work.
Watch our video to find out what we’ve done to make our classrooms safe for your learning:
Please see the information and Government advice below.
Information and advice – resources
Find out how to protect yourself or find out if you need medical help at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
If you are unsure you can seek further advice from the Department for Education’s dedicated helpline on 0800 046 8687 or Email: DfE.email@example.com